Hyatt is back with a good new promotion that lets you earn 1,000 American AAdvantage miles on stays at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House, through January 31, 2019. You must register before your stay, and the registration deadline is November 30.
Here is the link to the new Hyatt/AAdvantage promotion:
Details of the Hyatt-AA Promotion
- Earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel between October 15 and January 31, 2019
- You must register before your stay, and the registration deadline is November 30
- When you register, you will provide your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage membership numbers
- Award stays will earn AA miles under this promotion (an “eligible stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay)
- The terms say to allow 4-6 weeks after your stay for AA bonus miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account
- The maximum amount of AA bonus miles one member can earn is 10,000
Here is the landing page for the promotion:
And here are additional terms and conditions:
Analysis of the Hyatt-AA Promotion
Our baseline value for AA miles is 1.25 cents per mile, so this is an effective rebate of about $12.50 per stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House. That’s a nice return, especially on a one-night stay at a modestly-priced Hyatt Place or Hyatt House. This is in addition to your regular World of Hyatt points earning. Or, if you choose, you can forego your World of Hyatt points and earn a total of 1,500 AA miles for your stay.
In addition to stacking with your regular World of Hyatt points earning, through November 30, this promotion also stacks with Hyatt’s Fall 2018 Bonus Points Promotion. In the Fall 2018 Bonus Points Promotion, you earn bonus Hyatt points when you hit 5/10/20/30/40-night thresholds at Hyatt hotels during the promotion period. The math on the total rebate from stacking these 2 promotions is too complex for this article, given that the Fall 2018 Bonus is based on hitting certain night thresholds whereas this new Hyatt/AAdvantage promo is based on stays. We’ll just observe that the highest return on stacking the promos would be for a person who completed 10 one-night stays at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels between now and November 30 when the Fall 2018 Bonus promotion ends.
We’ll also observe that this is the second recent crossover promotion that Hyatt has done for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the last couple of months. It follows closely on the heels of the joint promotion between Hyatt and MGM Resorts, where stays at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House would earn tier credits in the MGM MLife program.
Don’t ever leave points or miles on the table – be sure to register for this nice Hyatt-AA joint promotion!
Will you be taking advantage of this Hyatt-AA promotion? Please let us know in the Comments!
At Middle Age Miles, we keep you up-to-date on the latest promotions – like this nice Hyatt-AA joint promotion – and we help you actually use them! To get all of our insights and tips on maximizing your points-and-miles earning and getting great value for your travels, please Like and Follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!