There’s an interesting offer that ends today, which comes to us courtesy of fellow blogger View From The Wing.
The offer is for a free 1-year membership to Club 1 Hotels. Club 1 seems to be a membership service that claims to provide savings on luxury hotels and resorts as well as other travel services. Club 1 says that the free 1-year membership includes “full access to wholesale rates at over 1 Million of the finest hotels & resorts including discounts on flights, car rentals, cruise lines, luxury apartments & villas, golf and more.”
No credit card is required to join, and Club 1 says that the 1-year membership does not auto-renew or auto-bill.
Here is the link for the Special Club 1 Hotels Offer. This is View From The Wing’s referral link. Gary may get some affiliate compensation or benefits if we use this, and if so, we’re happy to help him out.
We haven’t used Club 1 Hotels personally, so we can’t provide any input yet on whether it’s useful, or in what circumstances, or to what extent. I’ve seen conflicting reports online, but it seems to have helped some people. It’s worth at least adding to our box of hotel tricks to see if we can get any benefit during our free one-year membership.
I just signed up for the free one-year trial. The sign-up was perfectly smooth. True to its word, Club 1 did not ask for a credit card when I signed up. I almost immediately received an email from Club 1 confirming my membership.
Club 1 Hotels says its benefits include:
- Guaranteed savings on every booking made outside of 7 days of arrival, including a best-rate guarantee that offers:
- $10 per night guaranteed savings at 3-star hotels up to $20
- $20 per night guaranteed savings at 4-star hotels up to $40
- $25 per night guaranteed savings at 5-star hotels up to $50
- Discounted rates at top hotel brands including Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Viceroy, Park Hyatt, Fairmont, JW Marriott, InterContinental, St. Regis, W Hotels, Preferred Hotel Group, Omni, Kimpton, Conrad, Mandarin Oriental, Westin, Shangri-La, Langham, Sofitel, and Waldorf Astoria
- No blackout dates
- Personalized concierge services
- Largest selection of room types
- A new loyalty program debuting January 15, 2019
- Golf discounts and tee time reservations
- Preferred rates on international ground transportation from Carey
In addition, Club 1 offers booking credits up to $500 by using a promotional code – $50 credit on a $500+ booking; $100 credit on a $1,000+ booking, etc.
One important note is that, since Club 1 is a third-party service, we expect that bookings made through Club 1 would not be eligible for point-earning or elite benefits in loyalty programs. Thus, if we see a discount at a hotel that’s part of a loyalty program, we’ll always have to weigh the discount against the points and elite benefits we’d be giving up. I’d be surprised if we ever book through Club 1 with hotels in the Marriott/SPG, Hilton, or Hyatt programs. Club 1 would be more likely to work for stays at independent hotels that are not part of any loyalty program (or at least not one where we have any elite status) – perhaps properties in Europe where the selection of points-program properties is more limited, especially outside the larger cities.
We appreciate this offer from Club 1 and View From The Wing, and we’re happy to pass it along to Middle Age Miles readers. Be sure to enroll today if you’d like to check it out! We’ll let you know if we learn any great tricks using Club 1 to travel in style for less!
Have you used Club 1 Hotels? What was your experience? Please share with us and other Middle Age Miles readers in the Comments!
At Middle Age Miles, we love to bring you travel, credit card and points-and-miles information that you can use to help make your travel dreams come true. To see all of our tips and insights, please Like and follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!