World of Hyatt and Chase announced a new promotion this morning where Chase World of Hyatt credit card holders can earn a 10% rebate on all World of Hyatt points they redeem for stays or activities from July 1 through September 2, 2019. You must register in advance of your stay or activity.
The promotion appears to be straightforward:
- Register by July 15, 2019
- The promotional email we received had a button for One-Click Registration
- The 10% rebate applies to all point redemptions for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, and FIND experiences
- The stay or experience must be completed from July 1 through September 2, 2019
- To be clear, if you’re redeeming for a hotel stay, it must be completed by September 2
- So, if you’re making a longer award stay over Labor Day weekend, be sure to break up your reservations so that one ends on September 2
- After your points have been used, you’ll get 10% back as bonus points
- The official terms say to allow 6-8 weeks, but we suspect that the points will post sooner
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or transferred to airline partners are not eligible
- There’s no limit on the the amount of rebated points you can earn
Enrolling through the One-Click Registration button in the email worked perfectly. We’re now registered and set to go!
If you don’t have the email with one-click registration, you can also register at the World of Hyatt website here:
- World of Hyatt: Get 10% of your redeemed points back
Hat Tip to our good friend JBTx for the registration link.
There’s not much to discuss here in terms of strategy. If you’re a Chase World of Hyatt cardholder, register now. If you have Hyatt award stays during the promotional period, enjoy the 10% points rebate. Note that the rebate may tip the balance toward making an award redemption if you’re otherwise on the fence between an award or paid stay, and the rebate makes Hyatt points a bit more valuable during 2 months of the busy summer holiday season.
The one thing that’s not clear to us about this promotion is whether previously-made award reservations for stays during the promotional period will qualify for the 10% rebate. This is a key point, and hopefully we’ll find out the answer soon. If you have any insight on this, please let us know so we can share it with all Middle Age Miles readers.[UPDATE 6/17/2019 at 10:00 am Central time – We’ve read numerous reports over the past few days that previously-existing reservations for stays during the promotional period will qualify for the 10% rebate.]
At Middle Age Miles, we love to bring you travel, credit card and points-and-miles information that you can use to help make your travel dreams come true. To see all of our tips and insights, please Like and follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!