The former Fairmont President’s Club loyalty program was a darling in the points-and-miles world, with a solid co-branded credit card from Chase and the ability to earn plenty of certificates for free nights, upgrades and dining. Unfortunately for those invested in the program, Fairmont was acquired by Accor Hotels, and the President’s Club came to an end in July 2018.
Now, Fairmont is part of the loyalty program for Accor, Le Club, along with many other Accor brands. Many of the Accor brands are based in Europe. You can see all of the brands participating in Le Club Accor here:
Accor has announced that, sometime in late 2019, Le Club will be replaced with Accor Live Limitless (ALL), a “lifestyle” loyalty program that will incorporate travel, sports, food, art and music experiences. ALL has already made a huge pre-launch publicity splash by becoming the lead sponsor of the famed Paris Saint Germain (PSG) soccer club.
For now, though, we still have Le Club, and today we want to focus on Le Club’s new crossover program with Flying Blue (the airline loyalty program of Air France and KLM) and three promotions where you can earn bonus points with Le Club. Recall that regular points earning with Le Club gives you at least 25 points per 10 Euros of eligible expenses at most Accor brands (31 if you’re Silver; 37 for Gold; 44 for Platinum). Accor points have a near-fixed value of 2.25 cents per point (you can redeem 2,000 points for 40 Euros (~$45 USD) off your bill). Regular points-earning without elite status results in a points rebate of about 5%.
Le Club Accor Crossover Program with Flying Blue
With the new “Miles + Points” program, you can earn Flying Blue miles and Accor points every time you stay at an Accor hotel or fly Air France or KLM. The program also allows for conversions of Accor points to Flying Blue miles and vice versa. You must register for this program, and you can do so on the program’s landing page here:
- Le Club Accor: Le Club-Flying Blue Program landing & registration page
Once you’re registered for the program and your Le Club & Flying Blue accounts are linked, your crossover earnings will be as follows:
- When you stay at most Accor hotels, you’ll earn 1 Flying Blue mile per Euro spent (earnings are less at some of the lower-end Accor brands), in addition to your usual Le Club Accor points and benefits
- When you fly Air France or KLM, you’ll earn 1 Accor rewards point for every 2 Euros spent, in addition to your usual Flying Blue miles and benefits
Here is the chart from the program terms & conditions that outlines the exact number of Flying Blue miles you’ll earn at all of the different Le Club Accor brands (earnings are expressed as the number of Flying Blue miles you’ll earn per 10 Euros of hotel spend):
It appears that, in order to earn Le Club Accor points, you’ll need to fly on Air France/KLM and credit your flight to Flying Blue.
If you use these programs, this crossover earning would be a modest-but-nice benefit. It’s similar to the AA-Hyatt crossover program in terms of earning. We give Flying Blue miles a baseline value of 1.3 cents per mile, so your extra return on stays at most Accor brands would be 1.3%. At the 2.25 cent per point value of Accor points, you’d be earning an extra 1.1% points rebate on Air France/KLM flights.
In addition, the Accor/Flying Blue crossover program has a welcome/launch bonus, which has 2 parts:
- Upon completing your first eligible Le Club Accor stay, you’ll be awarded 1 extra elite status credit night in Le Club and 5 Flying Blue Experience Points (XPs; used to determine elite status with Flying Blue)
- In addition, upon completing your first eligible flight, you’ll also be awarded 1 extra elite status credit night in Le Club and 5 Flying Blue XPs
- Also, you can get a free 6-month subscription to the Youboox digital newstand and library service
The welcome benefits are useful only to Accor and Flying Blue loyalists, but they may be quite useful in those programs.
Points-to-miles conversion rates under this program are not attractive. You can convert:
- 2,000 Accor Rewards points into 1,000 Flying Blue miles
- This transfer may take up to 10 days
- 4,000 Flying Blue miles into 1,000 Accor Rewards points
- These transfers are instantaneous
- All transfers, in both directions, are irreversible
Even though we probably won’t personally use this Accor-Flying Blue program, we certainly appreciate the creativity and thinking behind it. We applaud Accor and Flying Blue for this effort and hope to see even more programs like this and the AA-Hyatt crossover program.
Le Club Accor Worldwide Fall 2019 Promotion
We previously reported on the Accor worldwide “Boost Your Points Balance” promotion in our recent round-up article of Fall 2019 hotel chain promos. We thought it would be worth repeating here, since we’re covering some other Le Club Accor news, and the benefits of all of the other programs and promotions should stack.
You’re going to have to act quickly to take advantage of “Boost Your Points Balance,” though, because bookings must be made no later than Friday, September 27, in order to qualify.
In this promotion, you can earn up to 6,000 bonus Accor Rewards points by staying up to 3 times for at least 2 nights each. Key details are:
- Bonus earnings up to 6,000 points total:
- 500 Rewards points on your first stay (minimum 2 nights)
- 2,500 Rewards points on your second stay (minimum 2 nights)
- 3,000 Rewards points on your third stay (minimum 2 nights)
- Registration is required
- You must book your stay between 9/13/2019 and 9/27/2019
- Stays must be completed between 9/13/2019 and 1/19/2020
Link for Registration & Details
- Le Club Accor Hotels: “Boost Your Points Balance” promotion
As we covered earlier, Accor points have a near-fixed value of 2.25 cents per point (you can redeem 2,000 points for 40 Euros (~$45 USD) off your bill). That means that your first qualifying stay of 2+ nights earns an extra $11.25 in points; your second stay of stay of 2+ nights earns an extra $56.25 in points; and your third stay of 2+ nights earns an extra $67.50 in points.
These bonus points would be in addition to regular points-earning, which would be at least 25 points per 10 Euros of eligible expenses at most Accor brands (more if you have elite status). Regular points-earning without elite status results in a points rebate of about 5%.
This seems like a solid promotion for your second and third qualifying stays. Be sure to note that reservations must be made no later than 9/27/19 in order to qualify, so book now if this promotion can help you!
4x Accor Points at New Hotels
Le Club Accor has a generous offer to earn 4x Accor Rewards points on stays at new hotels. You’ll have to sign in to your Le Club Accor account and register for the promotion. Here’s a link to the landing and registration page:
- Le Club Accor: 4x “Open Yourself up to New Horizons” promotion
Key dates for this promotion are:
- Book from now through 10/21/2019
- Stay from now through 12/8/2019
4x points earning with Le Club Accor is nice. Base-level members would earn 100 points per 10 Euros spent at most Accor properties. Given that points basically have a fixed value of 2 Euro-cents per point (2,000 points gets you a certificate for 40 Euros), 4x earning results in a points rebate of 20%.
The following Accor hotels that are eligible for this promotion:
- Mercure Sydney Rouse Hill – Sydney, Australia
- Hotel Mercure Bregenz City – Bregenz, Austria
- Ibis Palmas – Palmas, Brazil
- Pullman Changbaishan Resort – Baishan, China
- Sofitel Beijing Central – Beijing, China
- Mercure Kaifeng North – Kaifeng, China
- Novotel Qingdao Laoshan – Qingdao, China
- Mercure Shanghai Hongqiao Airport Qixin – Shanghai, China
- Rixos Alamein – Alexandria, Egypt
- Rixos Premium Seagate – Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh – Sharm Ed Sheikh, Egypt
- Ibis Bordeaux Centre Gare Saint Jean – Bordeaux, France
- Novotel Deauville Plage – Deauville, France
- Mercure Figeac Viguier du Roy – Figeac, France
- Sainte-Barbe Hotel & Spa Le Conquet, MGallery – Le Conquet, France
- Ibis Le Touquet Thalassa – Le Touquet, France
- Novotel Thalassa Le Touquet – Le Touquet, France
- Hotel Marseille Centre Bompard la Corniche future Mercure – Marseille, France
- Novotel Metz Amneville – Metz, France
- Ibis Styles Paris Avenue D Italie Maison Blanche – Paris, France
- Ibis Styles Paris Gare de Lyon Bastille – Paris, France
- Domaine des Vanneaux Golf & Spa, MGallery – Presles, France
- Ibis Styles Toulon Centre Port – Toulon, France
- Mercure Hotel Munich Schwabing – Munich, Germany
- Ibis Styles Athens Routes – Athens, Greece
- Ibis Budapest Castle Hill – Budapest, Hungary
- Ibis Styles Bekasi – Bekasi, Indonesia
- Ibis Styles Jakarta Simatupang – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Mercure Jakarta Batavia – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Aparthotel Adagio Casablanca City Center – Casablanca, Morocco
- Mercure Sibiu Airport – Sibiu, Romania
- Fairmont Singapore
- Raffles Singapore
- Ibis Styles Bangkok Ratchada – Bangkok, Thailand
- Ibis Styles Istanbul Atasehir – Istanbul, Turkey
- Mercure Istanbul Bakirkoy – Istanbul, Turkey
- Mercure Istanbul Sirkeci – Istanbul, Turkey
- Novotel Bur Dubai – Dubai, UAE
- Mercure Bedford Centre Hotel – Bedford, UK
- Mercure Nottingham Sherwood Hotel – Nottingham, UK
- Mercure Preston Samlesbury – Preston, UK
- Mercure Telford Centre Hotel – Telford, UK
That’s a total of 42 hotels across Europe and Asia that are eligible for this excellent “new hotels” promotion. (It’s worth noting that Ibis, Ibis Styles and Adagio properties earn points at a lower base rate than most Accor hotels – see Accor’s point-earning chart here.) And if you can stack this promotion with the “Boost Your Points Balance” Fall 2019 promo, you can gain quite the haul of Accor points indeed with these deals.
1,000 Bonus Points in Eastern Europe (for a few more days)
We’ll cover this one quickly, since there are just a few days left in it – not enough time for advance planning. But it’s worth noting that Accor runs promotions like this, as a reminder to check back periodically to see if there are any that fit your needs.
In the “September Bonus in Eastern Europe” promotion, you can earn 1,000 bonus Accor rewards points for each stay at an Accor hotel brand in one of 13 Eastern European countries. You can do this up to 3 times, for a total of 3,000 points. Here are the key details:
- Book by 10/4/19 (the promotion has been open since the beginning of September)
- Stay by 10/5/19
- You must register for the promotion
- One-night stays qualify for the promotion
- Only one room at a time qualifies for the promotion
- Countries where the offer works are: (1) Bosnia and Herzegovina; (2) Bulgaria; (3) Czech Republic; (4) Estonia; (5) Hungary; (6) Lithuania; (7) Latvia; (8) Poland; (9) Macedonia; (10) Romania; (11) Serbia; (12) Slovakia; and (13) Slovenia
We believe that this promotion should also stack with the others we’ve listed. We suppose that the ultimate stack for these promotions would be at the Mercure Sibiu Airport hotel in Sibiu, Romania, booked in the next couple of days for a stay prior to 10/5/19. There, assuming that you can stack all of these promotions, you’d pick up 4x points for the new hotel, a 1,000-point bonus from the Eastern Europe promo (worth about $22.50 USD), 500/2,500/3,000 bonus points with the “Boost Your Points Balance” worldwide promo, and 1 Flying Blue mile per dollar. What a deal!
For those of us in North America, the Accor program is definitely a niche program, mostly relevant only to Fairmont loyalists. But the chain is definitely expanding and it has a huge presence in Europe and Asia for those of us who travel there. It’s a program worth being aware of. We even still have Silver status with Le Club Accor as a remnant of the Fairmont President’s Club days. We’ll be keeping an eye out for opportunities with Accor, particularly as it launches the new Accor Live Limitless program in earnest soon.
Do you have insights into using Le Club Accor or data points on these promotions? If so, please share with us and other Middle Age Miles readers in the Comments!
At Middle Age Miles, we love to bring you travel, credit card and points-and-miles information that you can use to help make your travel dreams come true. To see all of our tips and insights, please Like and follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!