Here’s more News & Notes from Middle Age Miles as we near the end of the best gift-card buying week of the year, which has been keeping us quite busy!
1. Chase World of Hyatt card holders – $50 statement credit when you spend $300+ at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House
Chase and World of Hyatt released a great new promotion this week for World of Hyatt card holders – $50 statement credit when you spend $300+ at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels.
Here are the key details:
- You must be a Chase World of Hyatt card holder
- You must register by November 30, 2019
- Spend $300 or more directly with a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel in the US or Canada
- Receive a $50 statement credit
- Dates of the promotion are 10/1/2019 through 1/5/2020
- Appears to be one-time use only
- But it appears that you can have multiple transactions, as long as they total at least $300 during the promotion period
- Statement credit will post within 8-10 weeks
Here’s the registration link:
- Chase/Visa/Hyatt: Register for the World of Hyatt credit card $50 statement credit promotion at Hyatt Place & Hyatt House
This is a terrific promotion for World of Hyatt card holders. For stays from now through 12/15/19, it can be stacked with Hyatt’s current worldwide “Bonus Journeys” promotion, where you’ll earn triple base points at Hyatt Place hotels and double base points at Hyatt House hotels. And if you’re staying at a new Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel, this will stack with Hyatt’s “New Hotels” promotion, which allows you to earn 500 bonus Hyatt points.
Between the statement credit and 3x points through Bonus Journeys, we may potentially steer a stay to a Hyatt Place hotel sometime between now and mid-December!
2. Hilton Honors-Lyft cross-promotion – earn 1,000 HH for your first Lyft ride + 3 HH points/$ on all Lyft rides
Hilton Honors (HH) and Lyft have a useful cross-promotion where you can earn 3 HH points per dollar on your Lyft rides. This week, they sweetened the deal by introducing a bonus offer – get an extra 1,000 bonus HH points when you link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts and take a ride with Lyft by 11/15/19.
We give Hilton Honors points a baseline value of 0.5 cents per point. At that value, the initial bonus deal would be worth about $5, and the ongoing promotion would earn you an extra 1.5% points rebate on your Lyft rides.
We believe that the HH-Lyft deal will stack with other deals for earning bonus points when you use Lyft, such as the Delta-Lyft cross-promotion. There, once you link your Delta SkyMiles & Lyft accounts, you can earn 1x Delta SkyMile per dollar on Lyft; 2x SkyMiles for rides to & from the airport.
For other stacking deals with Lyft, we’re not experts, so we’ll turn it over to our good friend Harlan at Out & Out for a comprehensive review of Lyft (and Uber) stacking deals:
- Out & Out: Earn Points + Cashback with Every Uber & Lyft Ride: The Complete List to Save the Most (May 23, 2019)
We’ve historically used Uber for our rideshares, but this new Hilton Honors promotion is enough to nudge us to bring Lyft into our mix.
3. Discovery hotel loyalty program – Double Night Credits through 12/31/19
The Discovery hotel loyalty program launched a new promotion this week – double elite night credits for the remainder of 2019.
Key details are:
- You must register for the Double Night Credits promotion (link below)
- Book direct through Discover or a participating hotel brand, at:
- www.discoveryloyalty.com; or
- the Discovery loyalty app; or
- brand websites for hotels in the Discovery program
- Stay from 10/1/19 through 12/31/19 at any of Discovery’s 500+ hotels and resorts worldwide
Here’s the registration link, where you can also see the full terms & conditions of this promotion:
The Discovery loyalty program includes more than two dozen hotel brands, including:
- Anantara Hotels/Resorts/Spas
- Atura Hotels
- Avani Hotels & Resorts
- Capella Hotels & Resorts
- Corinthia Hotels
- Discovery Destinations Hotels & Resorts
- The Doyle Collection
- Elewana Collection
- Glo Hotels
- JA Resorts & Hotels
- The Leela Palaces/Hotels/Resorts
- Lungarno Collection
- Marco Polo Hotels
- Meritage Collection
- Meydan Hotels & Hospitality
- Mysk Hotels by Shaza
- Niccolo Hotels
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts
- Omni Hotels & Resorts
- The Omni/Discovery relationship is somewhat complicated; see the Richard Kerr article linked below for more info
- Outrigger Resorts
- Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts
- ParkRoyal Hotels & Resorts
- QT Hotels
- Rydges Hotels & Resorts
- Shaza Hotels
- The Residence
- Thon Hotels
- Tivoli Hotels & Resorts
- Ultratravel Collection
We’ve been members of the Discovery program for a few years, mostly in hopes of a stay at the Pan Pacific Seattle that has never materialized for us. Our most recent Discovery stay was at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin, which is one of my very favorite hotels in all of our travels. It sits a block away from the Brandenburg Gate and is on the short list of the fanciest hotels where we’ve ever stayed.
That said, we’re certainly not experts in the Discovery program by any means. You can visit the official Membership Benefits page for Discovery here. And to get a more robust review of the program, check out today’s article from Richard Kerr of The Points Guy (obligatory note: we’re not big fans of The Points Guy website as a whole, but we *are* big fans of certain writers for the site, including Richard, who is outstanding):
- Richard Kerr at The Points Guy: The Critical Points: We’ve been overlooking the most interesting hotel loyalty program (October 4, 2019)
4. Choice Privileges – Diamond Elite Status Jump promo – fast-trask to top elite status after one stay at Cambria
Hat Tip to Ric at Loyalty Traveler for alerting us to this interesting status-match promotion & opportunity.
Choice Privileges has an ongoing promotion this fall where you can status-match to top-tier Diamond elite status after a single stay at its higher-end Cambria hotel brand this fall.
Requirements for the status match are pretty straightforward:
- Stay once at a Cambria hotel
- Send an email to Choice
- In the US or Canada, to Status_Match@choicehotels.com
- In Europe, to Status_Match_EU@choicehotels.com
- Your email should provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Choice Privileges member number
- A screenshot or copy of the guest folio or receipt from your Cambria stay
- Proof of elite status in another hotel program, which may be:
- A screenshot or copy of your loyalty card in the other program, including the expiration date for your status
- A screenshot or copy of your current statement or account status page from the other program
We don’t have any direct data points on what status level from other programs would be required to match to Choice Diamond under this program. However, based on Choice’s track record of matches outside this promotion, through data points reported on StatusMatcher.com, we would anticipate that Choice would be quite generous in allowing the Diamond match following a Cambria stay.
For more information regarding Choice privileges and Diamond status, see the official Choice Privileges elite benefits web page as well as our recent article that provides a lot of details about the Choice Privileges program:
- Choice Privileges: Elite Status Benefits page
- Middle Age Miles: Choice Privileges – 17 Good Facts and Tips to Know (May 13, 2019)
From now through 11/8/19, you’ll be able to stack this status-match promotion with Choice’s Fall 2019 “One stay. Two stays. Free stay.*” promotion, which we covered in this article:
- Middle Age Miles: Round-Up of Fall 2019 Hotel Chain Points Promotions – Accor, Best Western, Choice, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Radisson (September 17, 2019)
In addition, if you book direct by 11/13/19 and stay by 12/31/19, you can stack the status-match with a double-points promotion for stays at 7 new Cambria hotels (in Boston, MA; Bettendorf, IA (Quad Cities); Richardson, TX (north Dallas area); Anaheim, CA; Houston, TX; Fort Mill, SC; and Milwaukee, WI. Here’s the landing page where you can register for that promotion:
- Choice Hotels: Double Points at new Cambria hotels
We had a few more things to cover today, but in the interests of getting this article posted before lunchtime, we’ll stop here. We hope everyone enjoys these deals and has a great weekend!
At Middle Age Miles, we love to bring you travel, credit card and points-and-miles information that you can use to help make your travel dreams come true. To see all of our tips and insights, please Like and follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!