After yesterday’s long News & Notes article, we had a few more things we wanted to catch up on today, mostly of the hotel promotion variety – but first, we’ll start with a new and potentially valuable Amex Offer that appeared this morning.
1 – Great new Amex Offer for Staples on business cards
We woke up this morning to a great new Amex Offer for Staples on our Amex business cards – 10% statement credit back on in-store purchases or online purchases at staples.com, up to a cap of $50. The Offer is good through 6/30/2020.
The Offer seems to be widely available on Amex business cards, but Amex probably has a limited enrollment cap, so be sure to enroll in the Offer now!
Of course, each person will be able to enroll in this Offer with only one Amex card, regardless of how many Amex cards you personally hold. So, be sure to choose wisely. The best card to use, for those who have it, would be the now-discontinued Amex Simply Cash Business card, which earns 5% cash back at office supply stores. Next-best would be an Amex Blue Business Plus card, earning 2x Membership Rewards (MR) points on all purchases up to its cap of $50,000/year. If you don’t have either of these cards, you’ll have to make a judgment call of where the Offer is most valuable to you.
A couple of important features of this Offer are: (a) is that it’s good at staples.com online; and (b) gift card purchases are not excluded from the terms (except for gift card purchases in bulk). That means that purchase Visa Gift Cards (VGCs) online at staples.com is an option. The fees are high – $8.95 for a $300 card – but any reasonable liquidation method should still leave you with a healthy cash profit plus some credit card points, when you use the 10% statement credit.
Another good option, of course, would be to wait until the next fee-free VGC or MCGC sale promotion at Staples, and use the Offer in-store there.
2 – Last day for 2 airline shopping portal bonuses
Last week, we wrote about some good airline shopping portal bonuses on the American and United portals – see item #3 in this News & Notes article:
- Middle Age Miles: Middle Age Miles News & Notes 1/13/20 – Staples VGC deal; AS, AA, UA portal bonuses; Marriott issues & deals; Ticket Club (January 13, 2020)
- Spend $150+ and earn 500 bonus AA/UA miles
- Spend $300+ and earn 1,000 bonus AA/UA miles
Importantly, today is the last day for these portal bonus offers, so place your orders now to make sure they’re tracked as of today!
3 – Accor Live Limitless (ALL) 3x bonus points promotion
The Accor Live Limitless loyalty program has a nice 3x points promotion for stays at Accor-branded hotels in North and Central America. Key details are:
- You must register for the promotion before your stay
- You must register before 2/29/2020
- The promotion is good on stays from now through March 31, 2020
- Participating brands are:
- MGallery by Sofitel
- Ibis Styles
Here’s a link to the landing page for the promotion, where you can log in to your ALL account and register:
- Accor Live Limitless: Landing page for “3x Rewards” promotion
We also noticed that ALL is advertising a “Stay Longer – Experience More” sale for properties in North and Central America. We didn’t check prices on this one, but it will stack with the 3x Rewards promotion, so it could potentially result in a good deal.
Finally, note that you may also be able to stack these deals with a shopping portal. For example, Rakuten is showing 2.5%/2.5x MR for bookings at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts booked through their portal today.
4 – iPrefer bonus points promotions
In doing some research on iPrefer today (the loyalty program of Preferred Hotels & Resorts), we saw several deals that may be of interest, including some bonus points promotions:
- iPrefer has a running promotion where you can earn 2x iPrefer points when you book directly through iPrefer.com. The reservation must include your active iPrefer number. There don’t seem to be any time restrictions on this promo, and you don’t have to register for it.
- Normal iPrefer points-earning is 10x for base-level “Insider” members and 15x for “Elite” members. The promotion appears to double those earning rates to 20x and 30x, respectively.
- iPrefer points have a fixed redemption value of 0.2 cents per point (minimum redemption 12,500 points / $25). Thus, the promotional rate takes points-earning up to a points rebate level of 4% for Insider members and 6% for Elite members
- Book through the regular iPrefer site here
- iPrefer has another promotion, where you can receive 8,000 bonus iPrefer points when you book a “Stay More, Save More” rate. You must book and stay by 2/29/2020 to take advantage of this offer.
- No registration is required, but you must book direct through iPrefer.
- At 0.2 cents per iPrefer point, the 8,000 bonus points are worth about $16. That’s not bad, especially considering that you can stack this with the 2x bonus points promotion discussed above.
- You can access the landing page for this promotion here
- Vote in the iPrefer Members’ Choice Awards 2019 to earn 500 iPrefer bonus points
- These points are only worth $1, but they’re easy to get
- iPrefer points expire after 24 months of account inactivity, and the bonus points from voting may be useful to extend your points balance
- We believe that you can use the following link to vote for the awards and earn the bonus points; at the end of the voting process, the form will ask you to input the email address associated with your iPrefer account in order to award the bonus points:
For what it’s worth, we’ve actually had terrific experiences when we stayed at iPrefer hotels Covo Dei Saraceni in Positano, Italy (Amalfi Coast) and the Grand Hotel Palace in Rome.
5 – Millennium Hotels bonus points promotion
Millennium Hotels is offering 2,888 bonus My Points for upcoming stays, along with a sale that they advertise as giving “up to 15% off” for members. Here are a few key details:
- Book by 2/2/2020
- Stay by 3/31/2020
- Minimum 2-night stay to earn the 2,888 bonus points
- You must be a My Millennium program member to participate
- It does not appear that registration is required
- Here’s a link to the landing page for the promotion:
Honestly, we don’t know enough about the My Millennium program to have an understanding of how valuable this promotion might be. To my knowledge, the only time we’ve stayed at a Millennium Hotel was at the Grand Hotel Palace in Rome, which is also a member of iPrefer (and that was the program we used there, as we were Elite members and had points certificates to redeem). But, we wanted to make sure our readers were aware of this promotion nonetheless!
That’s it for Middle Age Miles News & Notes for today. We hope you’ve enjoyed the information and found something that’s useful!
At Middle Age Miles, we love to bring you travel, credit card and points-and-miles information that you can use to help make your travel dreams come true. To see all of our tips and insights, please Like and follow us on social media at:
Please share and re-tweet our posts and tell all of your friends about Middle Age Miles! Thank you!