In March 2018, Philly and I ventured to Quito, Ecuador, for a 4-day trip. The impetus for this trip was to visit daughter Maria during her international study abroad program in Ecuador.
Planning for our on-ground activities in Ecuador was relatively easy for us because Maria had been in Quito for 2 months before we arrived. She already had experience and great recommendations for what to do and see in Quito and the surrounding area. Maria’s host family was also very gracious in taking us to places in Quito and also driving us during our day trip to Cotopaxi National Park. We also send a special Middle Age Miles thanks to Paulina, another host family mom who became our personal driver and good friend during our airport pick-up and drop-off as well as our full day visiting the Equator.
I also managed to spice up our travel logistics by working a bit of a mileage run into this trip. This makes for an interesting story – so in addition to our usual “How We Did It” article for this Trip Report, this time we have a special episode that I call, “How I Met My Ecuadorian Travel Agent.”
We hope you enjoy this Trip Report, A Journey to the Center of the World – Ecuador.
- A Journey to the Center of the World – Ecuador – Overview
- Special Episode: How I Met My Ecuadorian Travel Agent
- A Journey to the Center of the World – Ecuador – How We Did It
- Airport Lounge Review – the AA Flagship Lounge at LAX
- Hotel Review – The Sheraton Quito
- 7 Things to Do and See in Quito
- Not One, But Two Journeys to the Center of the World
- A Day Trip to Otavalo for the Market and Bird Sanctuary
- Middle Age Miles vs the Volcano – a Visit to Cotopaxi National Park
- Airport Lounge Review – An Excellent Priority Pass Lounge, Salón Mitad del Mundo at UIO