Philly and I traveled to Paris (and surrounding towns) for a very special trip during Thanksgiving week 2017. We were joined by one of the sons and his longtime girlfriend, with the special event of the week being a marriage proposal at Notre Dame Cathedral. And she said yes!
Because Philly and I had been to Paris before, on this trip we didn’t feel as much of a need to do all of the “classic” touristy Paris things. We visited the outlying towns of Versailles, Amiens and Reims, we were excited to attend a Paris St. Germain (PSG) Champions League soccer game, and because of the season we were able to visit traditional Christmas markets in Reims and Paris.
I hope you enjoy our trip report – Thanksgiving Week in Paris – And a Proposal!
- Thanksgiving Week in Paris – And a Proposal! – Overview
- Thanksgiving Week in Paris – How We Did It
- Thanksgiving Week in Paris – Our Itinerary
- Hotel Review – Marriott Champs-Élyseés, Paris
- Versailles – A Visit to the Palace and A Day in the Town
- So Where Is the Skull? – A Day in Amiens
- The Sights (and Tastes) of Paris
- Don’t Make Them Mad – PSG Delivers a Champions League Thrashing
- Champagne Bubbles and Elephant Beer – A Day in Reims
- A Hall-of-Fame Waiter and Friend for Life – Kevin at the St. Germain
- The Proposal of Notre Dame – She Said Yes!